Battery Recall...(again?)

Reaction score
I bought my MacBook Pro a little over a year ago. Immediately I noticed the battery had issues and didn't hold its charge longer than 1.5 hours. I called Apple and they replaced it with the battery replacement program. I got the new one and it still didn't seem to hold more than 3 hours of charge (advertised on Apple's website as 4.5 hours) but didn't do anything about it.

Fast forward approx 10 months...Yesterday, I noticed that my battery's health was 95% and today it shows 64% battery health and the battery doesnt last more than 2 hours again and it takes forever to charge. Anybody know if this would be an issue of the same problem? Should I contact Apple again regarding this issue?

By the way, I just noticed that my AppleCare expired 10 days ago.

T

todd51

Mine has been doing the same thing. This is a replacement battery that I have right now for my MBP. It's only been through 34 cycles and it's now dropped down to 83%. Apple really needs to start fixing these battery problems!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.