• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help me convince!!

Reaction score
Hello all, I am soon going to bring some family to the local Apple Store. They are all completely new to Mac and OSX but have fallen in love with the simplicity of the iPods they received for Christmas. I would like to show them that this is reflected into Macs as well. I have a prepared "script" that i will be following while showing off the 24" iMac. If you wouldn't mind I will post what i have so far and request any changes/additions.

Dock- pretty 3D/reflection
Universal Menubar
"mounted" stuff. Like My Computer. but no looking for it.
Stacks--custom, download, etc.
dropshadow of windows- clear difference.
finder/coverflow--just like iTunes, easy.
quicklook- works with anything, no program to open.
spotlight-apps,documents,dictonary,calculator...
Expose with a bunch of windows open
Spaces
Dashboard
Clean and Beautiful, as you can see.
Safari--Fastest browser ever. secure.
Webclips
Mail
Mail Templates-show how to customize/add pics
Notes/TODOs
Data Detectors
iCal integration
iSight/Photobooth
iChat, "Theater", Effects, Screen Sharing
Front Row if available
Parental Controls
Time machine if available
Cool slowmo minimize
did you notice no anti-virus?
BOOTCAMP!

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

GF

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If they aren't sold by the time you get done with all that, let 'em go back to their windows machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
GF, you should be asking someone at the Apple Store do this with you, not people here. The Mac should sell itself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
wing it

a script should not be necessary. Don't labor it, the macs and the store should help them make a decision. Just answer any questions they might have

good luck

OP
godfatherrr
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice. I don't want an Apple guy to do it, because they would respond to me better. They look to me for all their "techy" problems.

I was thinking about winging it but I would get to ahead of myself and possibly forget a crucial thing. I guess you could say i have very little brain RAM. If i were to wing it the only thing i would be able to get out would be "isn't is just so shiny?"

But I totally agree with Bobtomay....If they aren't sold by the time i'm done with this, it's no use.

Thank you all for your respective opinions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.