Canon's new EOS 450D / Rebel XSi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
dpreview.com said:
Pre-PMA 2008: Canon has today announced a new compact digital SLR, the twelve megapixel EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi). On the surface a very similar camera to the EOS 400D, however there are a range of significant improvements; twelve megapixel CMOS sensor, 3.0" LCD monitor, Live View with both AF modes (contrast-detect and passive), 14-bit processing and RAW, spot metering, improved AF, 3.5 fps continuous shooting, a larger viewfinder, SD/SDHC storage and a new higher capacity battery. All in all a fairly impressive range of usage oriented improvements and refinements.
A brief hands-on by dpreview.com
Canon 450D / XSi: What's new and changed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Looks pretty darn good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Looks good, but my XTi more than suites my needs for now. I'm surprised they only bumped the continuous shooting from 3 to 3.5 FPS. I was sure the next one would be 5. 1/2 a frame per second isn't much of a boost.

If I ever get another DSLR, it would probably be the 30D or 40D. It'll be good news for anyone looking to buy an XTi since the introduction of a new camera in that range will drive the price down of existing models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Looks good, but my XTi more than suites my needs for now. I'm surprised they only bumped the continuous shooting from 3 to 3.5 FPS. I was sure the next one would be 5. 1/2 a frame per second isn't much of a boost.

If I ever get another DSLR, it would probably be the 30D or 40D. It'll be good news for anyone looking to buy an XTi since the introduction of a new camera in that range will drive the price down of existing models.

Want to buy my 30D? I want a 5D now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.