Help copying files

Reaction score
Ok, admittedly this is something i've screwed up, but I'm having trouble copying files from a folder to a folder (burn folder or just a folder). If I use the copy function from either the pull down menu or the keyboard shortcut all i end up transferring is an alias and many times I want the whole file. What did i do wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120GB hard drive
Weird. I just tried copying something from a folder to another using Cmd + C to copy and Cmd + V to paste and it worked.
I copied an image, FWIW.

ETA: Also C&Ped a .pdf, .dmg, , .zip, an application and a folder. It all worked without a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are copying to a burn folder

A burn folder will only put aliases within itself rather than copy the files themselves.

When you burn the disk the real files will be on it, not the aliases.

 C and  V will work with normal everyday folders

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks

I guess this is an "update" with Leopard because before I updated, when I copied a file to a burn folder, the entire file was copied.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I guess this is an "update" with Leopard because before I updated, when I copied a file to a burn folder, the entire file was copied.

Nope - I tested it on my tiger G4 and it puts aliases there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.