would upgraded RAm make up for the lack of a graphics card?

Reaction score
I currently have a Macbook and i play world of warcraft on it at the moment at about 20-30 FPS on low graphics. I was wondering if i got another Gb of RAM (totaling 2Gb) would i be able to get the intergrated graphics to us that other Gb of RAM for the graphics and keep the spare Gb for just RAM?

So would having more RAM be able to boost graphics performance?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
While it may help a little, the basic answer is really no, it would not help.
The primary issue playing WoW on your MacBook has to do with missing 3D functions on the graphics chip set. Adding more RAM will not make up for what the graphics card just is not capable of performing.

OP
S
Reaction score
Is there any way to actually boost graphics performance on a macbook. I know this sounds rediculous but can you get external gfx cards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The only external graphics cards available are for workstations, and as such, probably cost more than the Macbook itself.

Unfortunately, there's no way to upgrade the graphics performance on a Macbook. The only solution would be to sell your Macbook and upgrade to the Macbook Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.