Silly Question

Reaction score
Now i know this is going to sound like a dumb question so please dont flame me for it...
How do you Un-Install an Application on a Mac?

i went to the Application folder and found the application but didnt find a way to uninstall it. I know that you can just put it in the trash but i herd from a couple people that, that just dosnt fully remove it??
any help... greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Drag it to the trash can - right click and select move to trash or and the one I like best is download a small program called AppZapper. Its free. Drag the program to AppZapper and it will detele all items associated with the program.
The following site should have deletion programs you could use also.
http://www.macupdate.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, AppZapper is the one you have to pay for, it's AppDelete that's free. I personally use the latter and it works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
thanks... so dragging to the trash usually deletes things?

yeah. You can also choose to secure delete (done through the menubar - Finder>Secure Empty Trash) - which will do several passes on the delete to ensure every little bit of info is permanently deleted. There are also apps to do deeper levels of deletion, but I don't use them. They take a lot of time to delete.

If you use one of the above mentioned apps, I'd recommend checking over each file it puts in the trash, just to be sure it grabbed everything you want. I didn't check once, when deleting a demo app, and I think the app deleter trashed a plugin from a different app as well.

But those deleter apps are good for finding files in places you don't think to check, or may not even know existed.

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks to everyone for the help...
One more thing... I have a 111 GB Hard Drive and i have only about 46 GB of space left... I would like to make some moor room on the computer just to have extra space... what things can i delete. I have gone though music, movies, pictures, and documents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 1.25Ghz Powerbook G4 1.67
Just buy an ext hard drive.
They are cheap now and free up you're internal one for apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
thanks to everyone for the help...
One more thing... I have a 111 GB Hard Drive and i have only about 46 GB of space left... I would like to make some moor room on the computer just to have extra space... what things can i delete. I have gone though music, movies, pictures, and documents?

With DVD's storing 4.7gigs and more just burn your photos and other random things you really don't need.

This is the cheaper route then having to buy a new external HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.