spilled water on my macbook

Reaction score
I spilled cup noodles on my bed luckily the undone sheets blocked and of the noodle mixture coming into my macbook, but when I brought forward a wet napkin to pick up the noodles some of the water dripped on to the macbook, I heard nor smelled NOTHING and Wiped off the water. The macbook stayed on for a few minutes and randomly shut down. I put in the charger thinking that was the p[problem the charger turned flickered orange and green and took on a steady green I took it out and got on my desktop, I searched and found out I should take out the battery I did that and I even removed the keys and wiped of any water underneath them, the only water was underneath the space bar. I then tried to click the small button on the battery and only 1 light flickered green and turned off (it turned on and flickers every time I click it) Its been in a tent position on my sofa next to me, is there any hope? Will it work by Monday or Tuesday or even tommorow? and if not do I have trash it or can I replace the Logic Board or battery or keyboard or anything on my own? HELP!!!! :-( I"M FREAKING OUT I"VE CRIED A HUNDRED TIMES MY FATHER IS AWAY ON A BUSINESS TRIP HE WILL KILL ME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
L
Reaction score
help people

65 views not one piece of advice, forget that, I've been leaving it in the prescribed position for 24 hours now how much longer should I wait another 24 hours 48? a week? I'm not being sarcastic seriously how long should I wait? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
First thing is to calm down. Not everyone may have experience with this type of issue, which may be the reason you didn't get any responses. Not because everyone's ignoring you.

Second, with any electronic equipment, you want to immediately disconnect the power and shut it down. Otherwise, if you persist in trying to use it before the liquid has dried out, you will short out the circuit board.

Since you've wiped down the machine, give it some time to air out. You may want to flip the laptop over with the keyboard facing down to allow any remaining liquid to drain out.

If you didn't short out the board with your earlier actions, it should start up and function fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Some or all of the keyboard will not respond.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 Mid 2010
Leave it off, unplugged, remove battery. Turn it upside down on a towel so the keyboard is flat to the table surface. I know Macs don't open all the way so you'll have to let the display hang off the table, just have something like a chair and pillow to support it so it does not fall! Let it dry out BY AIR (no hairdryers or the like). Hopefully the liquid did not short the logic board. Fire it up after a few hours or be really cautious and take it apart and clean out the gook or take it to a shop before powering it up. I know this is a Apple board, but I tell you they could learn something from Dell and make keyboards that have a plastic liner so no spilled water gets inside. You may have to buy a new keyboard, but thats a heck of a lot cheaper than fried components...

Reaction score
aside from the advice already posted:

leave it at least 48 hours, i would say 72 hours personally

if you spill water on a keyboard, its usually ok. drinks with sugar like cola often evaporate but leave a residue under the keyboard so some keys no longer respond. send it to be fixed if you want if that happens, but a cheap usb keybaord costs less than £10

OP
L
Reaction score
ok guys i did everything and it worked this morning but then I turned it off when I tried to turn it on again the sleep light turns on but the screen stays black any help for this? It's happened to some others and it seems to just work randomly a day later so should I just wait?

OP
L
Reaction score
macbook problems

i spilled water on it 12 o'clock yesterday took out the battery spread it out in a tent position for more than 24 hours then I tried toi start it up it worked and so I used it for an hour had a webcam chat, i wanted to eat i shut it down came back tried to start it up wouldn't turn on but the sleep like turned on and the charger turned orange, the screen stays black.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.