Mounting drives, perian and DivX on an tv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)
Ok so here's the deal:

I have an exernal hdd with over 150GB of videos in DivX format. I use Perian on my MacBook to play them back, and display its associated subtitle track (.srt).

I was wondering if there's a way to install Perian (ans possibly Flip4Mac to) in the tv and mount the shared drive in order to access all the content.

With my dad's MacBook Pro I set an alias to my shared drive and use Front Row to watch all my videos on the TV.

The new tv seems like a pretty good option if I can do these things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Back when I was looking into the AppleTV, I found that what you're asking for is possible through some software hacks. Unfortunately, these hacks violate the EULA, and as such, I can't provide links or go into specifics here at Mac-Forums. However, you will be sure to find plenty of information if you do a Google search for AppleTV hacks.

OP
Wheeljack
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53GHz, 6GB of RAM, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (late 2008)
Back when I was looking into the AppleTV, I found that what you're asking for is possible through some software hacks. Unfortunately, these hacks violate the EULA, and as such, I can't provide links or go into specifics here at Mac-Forums. However, you will be sure to find plenty of information if you do a Google search for AppleTV hacks.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.