iTunes Video Podcasts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4/450 OSX 10.4.11
I subscribe to several Video Podcasts, but every now and again one of the files will play in iTunes but won't transfer to my iPod
I can only guess this is to do with the format of the video not conforming to what the iPod expects, but looking at one of the files I can't find anything odd about it.
It's a .mp4 file, H.264 encoded, with Stereo (L R) AAC audio 48000kHz, 320x240 in size at 29.97fps, millions of colours.
Just like all the others as far as I can see

Previously, I've used the convert selection to iPod option (which is really slow even bearing in mind how old my mac is), and this transfers the file to the movies section as a .m4v file. Am going to try replacing the .mp4 file with this .m4v file and renaming it in the iTunes Library or simply changing the extension to .mp4 in the file

This is something that I've never really gotten around to looking at.
So, just wondering if anyone had come across this before and/or know what it is that the iPod doesn't like or even, found a decent solution?

TIA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.