displaying images in a folder window

D

devon

sorry, i filed this in a different thread already but maybe in the wrong one. could anyone tell me how to display a picture in a folder? thanks for any help.

devon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Open a Finder window, select the 'view' menu and then 'show view options'

In the options box that pops up, select 'show icon preview'

That should do it!

Now go to my Band's website and download our free songs!

www.ampliphonic.de

thanks!

OP
D

devon

i don't know what thats going to do. it doesn't seem to do anything. eg) i have a jpeg and i want it to be displayed at the top of an open folder window - as you would see with maybe an application's instal folder. one that is not grabable. does this make my question any clearer?

devon

OP
I

iSheep

Ahhhh, you want a background!

Finder > View > Show View Options > Background (at the bottom) > Picture > Select and enjoy!

OP
D

devon

ok - sorry about the discriptive inadequacies. now - if i were to send this file to a friend - this picture wouldn't go with the folder, would it? is there a way to include it in the folder? thanks again

devon

OP
I

iSheep

Haven't a clue, but I've seen it done. I have a feeling it's done using StuffIt, but I've never done it myself so I'm not sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.