MacMail 3.1....A glitch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" monitor 1.7 gh 1 gb ddr ram
Hey gang! I had a mac for two weeks and it went bad. So applecare replaced it with a new iMac. I was very happy for the service I got from them...but my question is this. The new machine came with a different version of Leopard and a slightly newer version of Mac Mail (3.1) I hear rumors of an issue with the program not being able to connect to an outgoing smtp server. You can receive mail but not send.

That is the problem I am having. Has anyone heard of this issue or a way to fix it? My internet provider is :Time Warner Roadrunner.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Mine is 3.1 also

uncheck ssl in the smtp section also try noauthentication do one at once

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
My Mail is also 3.1 and had a problem sending mail and 'unable to connect' messages after a week or so using Leopard.

For me the fix was boot from the install DVD, run Repair Permissions from there. Takes about twenty minutes and no more problems. Will keep your lordship's suggestion handy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.