Linux

Reaction score
Can I put Linux on my computer using boot camp or running it with parallels or is the completely impossible to do and can only do with windows. Thanks

Reaction score
Because of the wording I am not exactly sure what you are asking but you can install some Linux distros directly without using anything else. Yellow Dog, Fedora, SuSE then you just dual boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I'm not sure about parallels, but I know vmWare Fusion runs some Linux distros. I am currently usining Ubuntu with Fusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
I am running slackware 12 and debian etch on Parallels without any issues, so you should be safe to go that way. If you want to dual boot, you may want to check out this site:

http://modular.math.washington.edu/macbook/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Most Linux distros will work with Parallels. I use SuSE and have also tried Debian and Ubuntu. Getting the resolution to the native notebook resolution was a pain in Ubuntu for reasons I can't fathom, but was fine in the other distros.

As someone said, there is no need to use Bootcamp because most Linux distros will partition things themselves, BUT if you're under Apple Care or Warranty, you should use Parallels, VM Fusion or Bootcamp, because otherwise if your HDD craps out, you might not get helped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.