iphone not in devices list

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem with my iphone communicating properly with my new iMac. I had the iPhone synced with a dell laptop for several months, but I got a new computer for christmas. My question is this. The iPhone shows up in the devices list of iTunes and syncs perfectly with my iTunes library on my new computer. however, it doesn't show up in the devices list in OSX itself. Shouldn't it show up just like a flash drive underneath the Mac HD on the desktop? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unfortunately, no. The iPhone can't be used as external storage like the regular iPods can. So there is no reason for it to show up on your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 20" imac 2g ram.
you can try holding down ctrl command or option command when plugging in, cant remember replying from memory at work. if this still doesnt work, downloading something like tinker tools can help you show hidden files. apple just doesnt want you easily snooping around.

but kash maybe right as well lol, i know ive gotten it to show up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.