Hi I cannot eject my dvd after I unmounted it from the command line

S

shorki

I just created an image of the dvd and had to unmount it before i did that according to one of the posts here. Do I need to mount it again before I can eject it or is there anohter command .. if so how do I mount it please or eject it.

Mac OSX
Powerbook 17"

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If I understand this right. You have a DVD disk stuck in the DVD drive. The easiest thing I can think of is reboot, and press and hold the mouse button. Upon reboot the disk should be ejected. You can also try pressing the f12 key. Hopefully this is of some help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yeah or if you force quit/relaunch your finder that will set it all back rite up.

OP
G

gatorparrots

Try the Eject button in iTunes. It can unmount most stubborn discs without necessitating a reboot. After that, you may need to enter disktool -r in the command line to refresh the disk arbitration table. Then, you could restart the Finder for good measure. That should put you back in business.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks gatorparrots, I knew you would come to the rescue. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.