Various Apps and Multiple Macs

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Hey all,

Firstly a disclaimer: if anything I speak of actually goes against the copyright of any of the packages I mention it's only through sheer ignorance, I want to do things by the book!

In my house we currently have two Macs which might increase to three before long. When I got mine, I rather dumbly just bought the single license of iWork rather than the family pack, so I've resigned myself to the fact I'll need another one day (there's no way to just purchase another license is there for a smaller cost?)

Otherwise, I've been thinking of getting Roxio Toast, and I'm not sure - if I buy it, can I install it on more than one Mac?

How about Office 2008 for Mac (which I might get instead of iWork for the new one and then maybe install on the current ones, if it's possible)?

I think that's about it :>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Office 2008 can be installed on up to three machines, so you are OK there.

You might wish to consider NeoOffice though. It is open source freeware, VERY MS Office compatible (at least up to Office 2004) and is very well regarded.

Reaction score
You might wish to consider NeoOffice though. It is open source freeware, VERY MS Office compatible (at least up to Office 2004) and is very well regarded.

Up to Office 2008. OpenOffice.org and NeoOffice offered support for the new '08 xml formats even before Microsoft offered an update to make Office '04 compatible with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Another vote for neooffice !!

OP
S
Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
Hehe ok Neo Office it is - but any word on Roxio Toast? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I would just email Roxio about it, they should be glad to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
If you look at a lot of the license agreements now a days, most of them say 1 computer for multiple users or multiple computers for one user. You just need to check the EULA (End User License Agreement) for each app. I have 2 Macs (iMac and MacBook) and have most of my apps on both because the EULA allows me to. Do note that some will not allow you to open the app on both computers at the same time, but if you're doing that, you'd probably be breaking the EULA, so that makes sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.