Please help. Strange crack on screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I accidentally dropped my Macbook from my lap about a week ago. It did not fall far but it got a small half inch crack on the top left side of the screen. I did not think much of it at first. But now I have noticed that in a week's time, the crack has moved a few centimeters to the right....This is really strange. It started coming out right from the side of the screen, but now there is a space where it has "moved". What is going on here?

Reaction score
It's like a car windshield, the crack is going to get bigger and bigger over time. You have to get a new screen, sorry.

Reaction score
glossy screen? could be pet hair of some sort inside your screen... maybe when you dropped it jarred the hair loose and now it's on the move.

good news=no crack on your screen
bad news=hair in your screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
glossy screen? could be pet hair of some sort inside your screen... maybe when you dropped it jarred the hair loose and now it's on the move.

good news=no crack on your screen
bad news=hair in your screen

growing hair off a pet? Uh no :)

new screen time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
This does sound like it's the glass in the screen, if you've opened and closed the lid a few times during the past week the pressure from lifting the lid and closing is probably causing the crack to expand more and more. The crack will probably spread throughout the screen as time goes by. You might notice ink starting to blotch and / or run as well. There isn't that can be done except a screen replacement.

I hope you're lucky enough that it is just dust and debris.

Reaction score
People, what she is saying is that the crack has "MOVED" not that it has gotten any bigger or longer... she says that the crack originated right on the edge of the screen but now... there's a gap between the edge of the screen and where the crack begins. If it's a crack the it's healing itself as it grows...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.