tiger to leopard from external HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Hi everyone,

I just had my MB replaced by Apple. (separate thread about this to come.) The old one had Tiger and the new one has Leopard. Since they took the old one, I don't have it in hand. All my data is backup up on an external HD. I have a WD Passport, with USB, not Firewire. I'm trying to use migration assistant, but I don't see the exact set up that I have in the options. I'm afraid that if I'm not careful, I'll overwrite Leopard, which I don't want to do! I DO want all my preferences, bookmarks, passwords, settings, apps and everything on the new machine though. I attached screen shots of the migration assistant windows. Is this the right way to go? Or do I need to do it manually. I was nervous about it not copying the library and saying "top folders only".

TIA!!!

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
could use some help with this...

I'm stalled out until I can figure out how to get my stuff on the the new MB. I don't want to do anything to muck up leopard but I need my other stuff on here! How should I do this? I've got work to do. Should I call Apple and ask them how to do it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.