brand new macbook: track pad stalls, "a" key sticks, and no downloads, oh my

Reaction score
Help me, Mac forum, you're my only hope-- stuck with no ideas, and no Mac store in my country. I just bought a MacBook, new, about one month ago [2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, for what that's worth]; it's my third mac and the first I've had serious problems with. They are, in order of annoyance:

(1) The keyboard is sticky, and several keys require frequent banging to work, a big problem since I use the computer for work and need to be able to type quickly. Especially have trouble with the "a" key and the apostrophe key, the a key being particularly frustrating.

(2) When I transferred my info from the last Mac, the computer created a separate account for the old info. That's okay, even though I only need one account, but the account I actually want to use, the one with all my old doc's on it, won't let me download any files to my desktop. Making that account an "admin" account, and changing permissions so everyone can write or read my desktop doesn't help.

(3) My trackpad freezes. It comes back after a few seconds, but this has just become something of an annoyance. You know when you have an old pen, and it doesn't work unless you scribble on a paper before each written word? My track pad acts like that. Every time I stop constant use, I have to scribble around on it to get it back to functioning.

I realize (1) and (3) are potentially hardware problems, but am not fully sure (since I've read leopard futzes with keyboards on other forums), so posting here in case.

Thanks millions..

OP
A
Reaction score
Aptmunich,

Sorry for my terribly slow reply. But just wanted to thank you for the advice. I think my downloading problem is a Firefox issue, because I tried in Safari and it works fine. Now just have to find a way to fix the keys. But anyway thanks for replies, appreciated :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.