• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Weird question about hacking!!

Reaction score
Okay, looks like my post disappeared!!

I have a suspicious feeling that my email is being hacked into. Is it possible for someone to hack into my email account (NO ONE has my password)? It is a .mac account and I have another "paid for" mail account.

If this is possible, does anyone know how to block this from happening?

Thanks

Laura

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
unless you gave someone your info, use an unsafe computer elsewhere, then yes...

went to a website that phished your info, yes

login into your email, change your password and change your passwords on everything else....

be safe, dont click on links you dont know or from people you dont know, play it safe and proceed with caution.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks alot, Mathiau.

The problem is that I think someone I know is doing the hacking! I will change all of my passwords. What a pain. This person lives in a different country, so I'm not worried about the person having physical access to my computer.

Thanks again
Laura

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.