Leopard stuck in a registration loop. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.8GHz Quad Core, 6 Gb Ram, 320Gb HD, Twin 20" Apple Monitors, 2.8GHz MBP, 4Gb Ram, 200Gb HD
Hi Guys,

Iv'e only just joined as I've not had a problem with my Mac until today.

I've searched previous posts whilst waiting for my conformation email to arrive, but not found anything that relates to my problem.

My Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz is only 4 months old, and today I decided to upgrade to Leopard. All good.
Installation went well and everything was fine, until I was transfering data from an old Seagate Go drive to a new LaCie drive.

The installation stalled after about 4 gig of 102 gig, and I wasn't able to stop the transfer. I force quited Finder as that was the only application available and got the normal Leopard screen, but finder wouldnt restart.

I powered the mac down using the power button (3 second press) and all seemed good on restart.

When I got home I tried the transfer again and this time it got to 30ish gig, then stalled again. I checked for updates, and these downloaded, then it asked to restart the mac. The message that it couldn't restart (due to an application running) then appeared, but again I couldn't stop the transfer, so powered down again with the power button.

This time on boot-up, I'm getting the original start up messages, country, registration, etc.

I've filled these out (several times) but at the end it says "enjoy your Mac!" then I get the first of the original start up messages again.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!

Jimbo

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.8GHz Quad Core, 6 Gb Ram, 320Gb HD, Twin 20" Apple Monitors, 2.8GHz MBP, 4Gb Ram, 200Gb HD
Thanks MacHeadCase.

I'm a recent (4 month) PC to Mac convert and still have my Windows head on some times!

I did have a look on the mac website, however could only come up with "blue screen after boot up" on there.

Thank you!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Followed the instructions on booting up in Safe Mode.

But I'm not getting the usual boot up 'tone' to press the shift key.

Have checked the volume is up when it gets to the registration screen, and it says it's at full.

Any ideas?

edit. after several attempts, I managed to guess the timing and start in safe mode.

All appears to be good!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.