Tiger Mail to Leopard Mail

Reaction score
Hello all...I tried searching for a suitable thread but could not find one...I hope this isn't a repeat!

I just finished doing my Leopard install and opted to do the full hard drive reformat and installation. I did a complete back up of my files prior to this using iBackup. For the record, this is my first attempt at a Mac OS install.

My question is in regards to mail. My back up folder contains all of my old email messages and the .mbox folders that they were in from the Tiger Mail Library folder.

After I installed Leopard I was hoping that I would be able to move these files/folders in the corresponding Leopard Mail Library folder and they would appear (a la iTunes). But when I open Mail, I see the folders but not the messages. If I look in the mail library file I can individually select a message file and open the message and view it properly.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any advice?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe the best way is ti import all of your mail boxes. That should create and clean up all the pointers to your mail.

OP
M
Reaction score
That worked! Thanks!

I feel like an idiot...my usual way stems from my days of doing my periodic clean installs on windows and office!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.