Need help uninstalling photoshop

Reaction score
Hi, Got a Mac for Christmas...was happy about it but am hating life now. I can't figure out the simplest things and my business is going to the crapper because of it. I baught photoshop for mac and it didn't install properly. I need to uninstall it and try again. I can't figure out how to uninstall the program. Please share your wealth of knowledge with me:(

Don't know what os I have

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You thread is now in the applications forum. As for your problem. I believe you can drag the application to the trash and empty it. I don't think photoshop comes with an uninstaller. Someone else with photoshop will hopefully come along and clear things up.

M

MacHeadCase

Check to see if Adobe hasn't included an uninstaller. I have the CS2 Suite and it has an uninstaller for certain apps like Version Cue and Acrobat. But if you can't spot right off the bat an uninstaller in your Photoshop folder, rman's suggestion ought to be just fine.

This is in the .pdf accompanying the CS2 Suite (it might give you ideas for additional bits that you can send to the trash that might be left behind in your system):

To uninstall Adobe Creative Suite in Mac OS
1 -- Double-click Activity Monitor.app in Applications/Utilities, select AHCRemind, and click Quit Process.
2 -- If you intend to install the product on a different computer, transfer the activation. (See “To transfer the product activation” on page1.)
3 -- If you want to uninstall Adobe Acrobat, double-click the uninstaller in Applications/Adobe Acrobat 7.0
Professional, and follow the on-screen instructions.
4 -- If you want to uninstall Version Cue 2, double-click the uninstaller in Applications/Adobe VersionCue CS2, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If the Version Cue uninstaller fails, see the alternative procecure, “To remove Version Cue manually” on page4.
5 -- From the Applications folder, drag the following items, if present, to the trash:
Note: After you drag the items to the trash in steps 5-8, you must empty the trash before you can reinstall
Adobe Creative Suite 2 on the same computer.
•Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional
•Adobe VersionCue CS2
•Adobe Bridge
•Adobe GoLive CS2
•Adobe Illustrator CS2
•Adobe InDesign CS2
•Adobe Photoshop CS2
•AdobeHelpCenter.app
6 -- From the Utilities folder, drag the following items, if present, to the trash:
•Adobe Utilities
•Adobe Updater.app
7 -- From the Library folder, drag the following items, if present, to the trash:
•Application Support/Adobe/AdobeHelpData
•Application Support/Adobe/Assistance
•Application Support/Adobe/StartupScripts/Workflow Automation Scripts
•Preferences/Adobe/Workflow
•Preferences/com.adobe.ActivationUtility.plist
•Preferences/com.adobe.GoLive.plist
•Preferences/Adobe Save For Web GL 8.0 Prefs
8 -- From the Users/[user name] folder, drag the following items, if present, to the trash:
•Library/Preferences Panes/Opera Preferences
•Library/Caches/Opera Cache
•Documents/AdobeStockPhotos

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.