Verizon SIM card for iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I don't think Verizon Wireless uses SIM cards? Even if they did you could not run an iPhone on the network because iPhone is GSM and Verizon is CDMA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
verizon has no SIMS.

if they did, it still wouldnt work. Verizon uses CDMA, and cingular/att GSM.

end o line :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
They have one for the new blackberry 8830, I believe. That's it though. That's true, they are CDMA. With them opening the network up though, we might just be able to use the iPhone on the Verizon network soon. Who knows, I want an iPhone on verizon.. darns them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
They have one for the new blackberry 8830, I believe. That's it though. That's true, they are CDMA. With them opening the network up though, we might just be able to use the iPhone on the Verizon network soon. Who knows, I want an iPhone on verizon.. darns them!

me too. i keep telling myself as soon as verizon releases one ;P 'll get one.
haha like that will ever happen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lol i want one too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I had verizon but I decided to move to at&t for the iPhone. So far my experience with at&t hasn't been bad. I dont think verizon will ever release a iphone. They like to cripple their phones. They like to have too much control which is the reason why apple didnt choose verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wasn't the RAZR exclusive to cingular/ att before it came to verizon?

I think apple won't let them cripple the phone, but verizon will eventually want them to be on their network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Apple initially went to Verizon with the iPhone, but Verizon wouldn't agree to many of the conditions Steve Jobs wanted. So Jobs went to the next largest network, that being Cingular (now AT&T). AT&T accepted the conditions Apple set forth, or probably some variation (Apple probably had to consent to a few changes because there was no way T-Mobile or Sprint were viable options, and Jobs couldn't go back to Verizon after having snubbed the largest carrier). Some of the concessions I can think of are the five year exclusive deal and the crippled Bluetooth, and who knows what else.

So don't expect an iPhone to come to another network for another four and a half years. Plus, even if Verizon went ahead with its open network access plans, the current and potential 3G iPhone still wouldn't work with it as you would need a completely different cellular radio to make it physically possible.

Reaction score
I dumped Verizon for ATT/iPhone and have no regrets. In fact, I'm getting more coverage than I did with Verizon. I had to turn my VZW phone off at work because the signal was so weak, that most of the time it didn't get a signal which would drain the battery.

I get almost a full signal at work with the iPhone. Works everywhere my VZW phone worked and more so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
I too want an iPhone, but don't want to leave Verizon......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Kash is right. Verizon is supposed to be opening up their network, but I have a feeling gsm will still be out of the question, I hope they allow gsm on the network once they crack the doors open but I'm not really feeling lucky on that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Remember guys, GSM and CDMA are completely different technologies. It's like trying to use Wi-Fi on a cellular network. No matter how open the cell network is, Wi-Fi is physically incapable of connecting to it because the technology is different.

Though I was reading somewhere about Verizon upgrading to a 4G system that would be more similar to GSM. If AT&T upgraded to the same system, we could more easily see carrier interoperability. Granted, it won't happen officially, but some people might figure out a way to do it. Now that would be pretty cool.

Reaction score
Verizon has a SIM for the Blackberry 8830 to allow for global use -- the SIM is for GSM networks outside the U.S. I don't think Verizon is going GSM anytime soon -- even though they should as I understand GSM is better tech for data transmission over the air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Verizon would basically have to build an entirely new network or merge with AT&T or T-Mobile to support GSM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes it would, but Verizon can't stay CDMA forever since the mobile market is becoming more reliant on data transfers.

Reaction score
I had verizon but I decided to move to at&t for the iPhone. So far my experience with at&t hasn't been bad. I dont think verizon will ever release a iphone. They like to cripple their phones. They like to have too much control which is the reason why apple didnt choose verizon.

actually apple chose verizon but verizon turned them down becuase they thought "it was the best for the costomers"

either way verizon made a retarted choice. you guys are lucky, your prolly older than 18 and have ur own phone plan but im 13 and i cant switch to att cuz ma parents dont wana switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Verizon is always a laggard when it comes to cutting edge technology. They prefer a tried and true device that others have tested and worked out the bugs on before they will allow it on their system. That's what I've been told anyway.

If that means fewer technical glitches, that's fine by me, but it also means we miss out on new and exciting product like the iPhone.

I'll likely switch carriers when renewal time arrives just because coverage is very spotty. That said, I've yet to meet a AT&T customer that was happy with their service, and Sprint is something I'd rather not return to.

The state of affairs on internet connectivity and cell phone service in the U.S. is really third world, and we are being surpassed even by some of those third world countries. :Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll likely switch carriers when renewal time arrives just because coverage is very spotty. That said, I've yet to meet a AT&T customer that was happy with their service, and Sprint is something I'd rather not return to.

Hi, my name is Kash, and I'm an AT&T customer who is happy with my service.

There ya go, you've met an AT&T customer who is happy with his service ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.