what to do with a broken iPod video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hi

i have a ipod video was an 80gb but the hard drive has shattered any way i now have an iphone so dont really need an ipod so any ideas what to do with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
hi

i have a ipod video was an 80gb but the hard drive has shattered any way i now have an iphone so dont really need an ipod so any ideas what to do with it.

I'll take it. :)

I also believe someone made an ashtray out of one too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Will it blend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
hi

Try and sell it, someone might want it.

Drill a hole through the top get a gold or silver chain and you got some bling. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2.2 dual core.120gb .1gb ram.superdrive.
Make it a Flash Pod!!

By the conversion pc board,get a 16,32 or larger compact flash card and make it a flash drive ipod!Just google CF ipod mods and you will find it,or PM me and I send you the links.With the board and a 16GB card from New Egg it will run you less than 100 bucks.

Perry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
I wanted to set up a large (55+ gallon) salt water tank and fill it with just obsolete electronics. Walkmen, cell phones, calculators, answering machines, car stereos, probably even a few small TVs and A/V component pieces. Sort of a corroding coral reef of technology lost to the ages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I wanted to set up a large (55+ gallon) salt water tank and fill it with just obsolete electronics. Walkmen, cell phones, calculators, answering machines, car stereos, probably even a few small TVs and A/V component pieces. Sort of a corroding coral reef of technology lost to the ages.

That is a very interesting idea. From what I've pictured in my head, it would look pretty cool! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Just make sure there are no toxic plastics or metals your putting in there. Don't want to poison the water :p

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you. My 4G hard drive just gave up on me. Are there any reputable repair sites out there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Put it on ebay. I got 50 bucks for a broken 30GB one a few months ago.

OP
proxy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
yer i still dont know lol was going to try do something so u screen works as a vga screen just b cool have on desk for no point other than to show something i dont know what lol

at the mo its sat on the side looking at me

Reaction score
I made my old 30GB video in to an ash tray works great. Apart from that I don't know what you could do with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
I sold my broken 30GB on ebay and got like 65 bucks for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.