Possible Nano to Touch? Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Ok so right now I have a (3g)nano and I use it almost every day. I have the nike running thing and I love that but know that it will not work for the touch. There is a great deal on a used touch that would allow me to basically trade my nano for it so I am wondering if I should actually go forward and do the trade. I know new applications will be coming up for the touch that could possibly include some workout stuff or even the adaptation of the nike+ but then again possibly not. I also drive with my ipod and wonder how hard it would be to scroll through my music with only one hand available. NE way what do you guys think I should do considering my usage.

Thanks,
-Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
the ipod touch is not compatable with nike+ as you know. i don't see apple ever making it natively support the thing, so if you use itunes to track your goals and things of the such it might not work as well.

also using a touch screen is much more difficult to use than a button set up one handed. you will always have to look at the screen to see what you are doing in the touch, whereas with a nano you could just spin around the wheel a few times till you were about where you needed, meaning you could keep your eyes on the road longer and with less distraction.

honestly if i were you i'd keep the nano.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Ok so I just bought the touch... Its an 8 gig in very used shape... but it was only 180. You can barley find an older 30 gig for that, lol. The back is scratched and the front has a few little scratches and it has a small knick on the bottom, but eh I will see which I like/use more and sell one of them.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Opps, my bad about the warning for language... I guess some things can be taken as a bad word, even though it was not my intention.

Update: Well I like the touch so far. I have yet to jailbreak it because I have to read more on what exactly gets done and all the ups and downs. I have been going to the gym and its nicer to watch TV shows on the 3.5 vs the nano that I was watching before. As for driving, ya its a bit trickey but thankfully I have an automatic, so no big deal there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.