iTrip?? Any good??

Reaction score
Just about to get a 4th Gen iPod and want an iTrip for the truly portable music experience. But is it any good? Also are there compatiblity issues with 3rd/4th gen models, i think the top connector bit is the same but not sure.

Any other indespensible accessories i should consider?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I have a 3rd Generation iPod and use it with iTrip. IMO, only get the iTrip if you realllly don't want to get a cassett adapter, because the quality of the iTrip isn't bad...but I can't say its crystal...

Stick with Cassett Adapter....Until Apple for BMW is for all cars:D

H

hollerz1

The iTrips allright, the sound quality is decent, although you can tell the difference between sound quality on headphones and through iTrip.

And its not good when you got a bunch of people in your car saying how great the iPod and iTrip is, and then some other radio station comes in over the top!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It's the most versatile piece of hardware though.. You can use it anywhere since pretty much everywhere has a radio station. I find that when all else fails I always go back to my iTrip, the sound quality is radio quality, so it's decent. But I don't know how many times that radio was the only thing we had, so lucky I had the iTrip.. I think it's worth it!

P

PowerbookG417

i bought the itrip a couple of days ago, used it for a trip..found it wanst as good as i thoguht it was going to be, i played aroudn with it a bit, i found on my trip that alot of radio stations had actual stations on them already so it caused alot of static. i found this document on the net http://www.lemonfridge.com/galleries/itrip/ ran threw it myself with my itrip and voila...reception is amazing now...much better than it was before and it even takes over stronger FM channels
i also if your really into it i found this link aswell
http://www.ipoding.com/modules.php?...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php kinda long..but its to increase the power on the FM transistor...

now not sure if you wanna take it this far..but well worth it if you dont have a cassette deck

OP
mig.gentry
Reaction score
PowerbookG417 said:
i found this document on the net http://www.lemonfridge.com/galleries/itrip/ ran threw it myself with my itrip and voila...reception is amazing now...much better than it was before and it even takes over stronger FM channels

Sounds good, i might give it a try. Did you have any probs opening yours up, looks a bit hap-hazard.

R

Ryanstech

I heard the iTrip for the regular iPod has shady reception. My iTrip mini works very well and looks alot cleaner sitting flush with the mini ipod. The best part about the mini's iTrip is that the top piece is just a sticker that can be removed to reveal the antenna which makes it easy to pull out for better reception at the expense of good looks. (shhh...I understand doing this is against FCC regulations)

P

PowerbookG417

out of the seven pins that hold the case together 4 on the ends 2 beside the head phone jack and one in the middle at the top i broke 3...so a lil super glue helped putting it back together... i started at the spot where the hold button is..it was a lil hard to start becuase i didnt have a scapel like in the instructions... i started with a exacto knife (bad spelling...i know i know) and ended up having to dig a small hole to be able to fit in a small flat head screw driver
- i also found it easy to pry out the rubber peices on the side..all 4 of them and crack the seal there as well...
if you have any other questions let me know..i can say for sure..my signal is 100% better now...i now dont get any fuzz in the car :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.