How to properly remove vmware fusion?

Reaction score
I downloaded trials of both parallels and fusion and decided that parallels runs my applications in xp so much faster that its not even a debate.

I wanted to make sure that i removed VMware fusion properly.. do i need to uninstall xp first or something to get that partition back? or does just throwing the fusion app in my trash solve all of it in one step?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Did you look at this setting?

attachment.php

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
If you want to completely remove VMware....

Remove the Virtual Machines folder from your Documents Folder. You can just move it to the Trash and empty it.

Secondly DO NOT just remove the .app file in Applications. Within the VMware Fusion Installer, there is also an Uninstaller. use that to completely remove the program. VMware, by nature, installs files throughout the OS so that it can properly emulate the guest OS's. The Uninstaller will remove all of those files. Removing only the .app file will not.

Reaction score
Removal of fusion 4 from Mac -different than what is already posted?

I have fusion 4 trial - is removal same as in this thread?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, use the VMWare Fusion uninstaller that comes with both the application and the trial software. Do not attempt to drag things to the Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.