New to iLife, need some help.

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought my first mac a couple weeks ago after having PCs my whole life, and so far i have no intention of ever going back. However, I'm still in the process of adjusting.

All of my music was on my now defunct PC, and copied onto my Zune. To my knowledge there is no mac version of the zune software, so all my music is currently stuck on there unless i go out and purchase a external hard drive and so on. So basically to simply ressurect my library i was wondering a p2p program exists for macs. Failing that, do torrents work?

Also a few of the files i did manage to back up were saved in WMA format ( for some reason), is there a way in iTunes to convert them over to mp3/aac?

Thanks for any and all help.
-Murph

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
Aquisition is a great P2P program and yes torrents do work. My favorite torrent program is Transmission. Both are super simple to use and fit in great with the Mac interface. And yes iTunes should convert those files for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
any idea how to go about the conversion? all i had was a DVD-R from my old comp with a couple dozen albums on it and now wheni try to import the WMAs in iTunes they simply dont appear

and is this 26$ for the full version of Aquistion worth it, or just stick with the trial

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.