Power cable

T

tajjster

Just a quick question.. is it normal for the power cable to be a bit.. wonky?

As in:

(a)
C32219.jpg
You know how the bit on the right, slides onto the other part? So it's interchangeable? Is it normal for there to be a bit of a gap/wobble between the two parts? as in, *reasonably* noticeable, but not even remotely close to them losing contact or anything, a few millimetres.. I just thought it would fit on nice and snug..

(b)
powersuppliescloseup.jpg
oh, and the plug, is it normal for it to be just a *little* wobbly, as in, you need to make sure it's positioned right, otherwise it might not charge? The connection is firm, but the light sometimes doesn't come on (nor does the battery charge) until the plug is jiggled a bit. Again, only a few millimetres of separation, probably less.

I'll take photos of my own set up when I get the chance, and add it here.

PS: Mac is only a few weeks old, and I'm very careful with it, so it's not wear and tear or anything. :)

OP
M

m1k

Yeah, actually my PowerBook power block is like that. I find it a bit weird. But since I always charge my PB in the same place, I don't really notice it, and it doesn't really affect charging performance or the connection at all, so it's fine by me. It would be nice if Apple made it a snug fit though :( . But my advice is don't worry, since it doesn't affect performance at all.

What sort of 'Book do you have? Your power cord looks ancient as heck. Is that your powercord? It's probably a TiBook's power cord... I can't help you if you have a TiBook. But if you have an aluminum PowerBook, I can help you. Get Apple to look at your power cord, or your power port. My power cord always lights up right when I pug it in. Maybe you should try cleaning the end of your connection stick? I would suggest calling up Apple though.

Hope this helps.

OP
T

tajjster

Thanks for the feedback

Not my pics. I was just using them to demonstrate, I realised later they're the wrong ones, they look kind of similar. I have a powerbook 15".. white cables with light rings near the connection. I'll take proper pics in a few hours when I get home. :)

m1k said:
Yeah, actually my PowerBook power block is like that. I find it a bit weird. But since I always charge my PB in the same place, I don't really notice it, and it doesn't really affect charging performance or the connection at all, so it's fine by me. It would be nice if Apple made it a snug fit though :( . But my advice is don't worry, since it doesn't affect performance at all.

What sort of 'Book do you have? Your power cord looks ancient as heck. Is that your powercord? It's probably a TiBook's power cord... I can't help you if you have a TiBook. But if you have an aluminum PowerBook, I can help you. Get Apple to look at your power cord, or your power port. My power cord always lights up right when I pug it in. Maybe you should try cleaning the end of your connection stick? I would suggest calling up Apple though.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.