Windows keeps wanting me to activate

MPX

Reaction score
Hi!

I have installed Paralells on my Macbook - all good so far!

I assign My Boot Camp as the virtual PC.

Now, every time I boot switch on the virtual PC it says that Windows XP has changed significantly, wanting me to reactivate. I do this with the code by I am now told that this code has been used too many times and won't work any more.

Do I now have to buy another copy of XP.

If so, I wish I had never bought this Macbook in the first place and just bought a PC instead! I cant even run VB Macros in my new copy of Office 2008, to name but a few problems I am having.:Grimmace:

Please help someone!

Reagrds

Gordon.

Reaction score
Best thing to do is call the number that pops up when you try to activate by phone. I used to have bootcamp and parallels using the same XP serial, I phone up and they gave me the code to activate it. It was quite a quick and easy process.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If so, I wish I had never bought this Macbook in the first place and just bought a PC instead!
You already have a full fledged PC. Just run the macbook entirely in Boot camp.

OP
M

MPX

Reaction score
Best thing to do is call the number that pops up when you try to activate by phone. I used to have bootcamp and parallels using the same XP serial, I phone up and they gave me the code to activate it. It was quite a quick and easy process.

Hi!

Which number? I called those and had an automated voice telling me to contact a reseller!

Gordon.

Reaction score
There should be a number for telephone activation, phone that and you should be able to activate your product. It will start with an automated call asking you put in your activation code, don't enter anything and it will say that no input was detected leave it until it says it twice more then it gives you the option to press 2 to be put through to a customer service operator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You already have a full fledged PC. Just run the macbook entirely in Boot camp.
What I meant to say, oh mysterious one, is that there is someone complaining about how a PC would have given the OP a much better experience. Well, I was just pointing out the fact that he already has a PC, which is the macbook, as it can very well run Windows via bootcamp if one so chooses to do so. Those VB problems will vanish if one runs Office 2007 on XP via bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.