iPod Nano For The Wife

Reaction score
My wife and I recently purchased a new Mac and I have set up my iPod Video in iTunes. I am considering giving my wife an iPod Nano for Valentines Day but am concerned about whether or not two iPods can coexist on one Mac. I have my own userid and she hers. I'm thinking that since, virtually this is two seperate computers that iTunes will see each as one on either userid. Is this a true assumption or is there something I need to do to keep them seperate? TIA!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I believe that you can even manage two different ipods separately on the same user account. At least that was the case when I plugged in my wife's nano (got it for her for xmas). When I plugged it into my mac there was no confusion in iTunes. It just asked me if I wanted to register it.

So having separate users on the machine, you're totally covered.

OP
A
Reaction score
I believe that you can even manage two different ipods separately on the same user account. At least that was the case when I plugged in my wife's nano (got it for her for xmas). When I plugged it into my mac there was no confusion in iTunes. It just asked me if I wanted to register it.

So having separate users on the machine, you're totally covered.

Thank you giulio for the quick response and information.

aahmac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig
sorry guys for bumping into the forum,but am i being stupid or what? how the heck do you start a new thread. supposedly theres a new thread tab at the top of the page,but either its not there,or i need a dog (blinddog). help appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig
finaly found it.didnt realize you have to go to a topic first. dooowww.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
My wife and I recently purchased a new Mac and I have set up my iPod Video in iTunes. I am considering giving my wife an iPod Nano for Valentines Day but am concerned about whether or not two iPods can coexist on one Mac. I have my own userid and she hers. I'm thinking that since, virtually this is two seperate computers that iTunes will see each as one on either userid. Is this a true assumption or is there something I need to do to keep them seperate? TIA!

To add on what giulio said:
You can have up to 5 Apple ID's in iTunes on any computer. You can use as many iPods as you want in iTunes. (Store>Authorize Computer).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.