MacBook AirPort Problems from Sleep

Reaction score
hello,

hopefully someone can advise.

when my computer awakens, it takes approx 5 minutes plus turning airport on and off to connect to a wireless router, whether apples or a different manufacturer.

are there any updates im missing? last resort is taking it back to the apple shop i bought it from. i bought it in manchester and currently living in berlin so a little bit out of my way!!!

any suggestions will be hugely appreciated or acknowledgement that somebody else suffers this painstaking and annoying issue too.

thanks muchly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
there seems to be a problem with the airport i have the same problem
from time to time hopefully the next patch will address this issue as it
is very annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 1 TB HD, 4 GB RAM
I just installed Airport Extreme. The first time I woke the Mac from sleep there was a slight stutter with Airport, but it worked after about 30 seconds. The second time I woke it from sleep I couldn't get Airport to work at all. The network was not found even after 10 minutes. I unplugged and rebooted and still nothing. I had to go through the entire process of installing Airport again for it to finally work. Hopefully this fixed it, I'll see when I get home later today, but if this continues I'm going to have to return it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.