Covered under warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I bought my macbook from John Lewis in Edinburgh in August, it comes with the obvious one year support from apple and the shop give you an extra year for free which is as long as i plan on keeping it anyway so i did not bother taking applecare. So my question is this will the below problem be covered under any warranty i have?

On the macbook lid just above the screen are two lines that stick out i presume to soften the blow of the lid closing? Where one of these hits the main body of the computer it has cracked it and the plastic is now coming away from the edge of the laptop, you can see the indentation on the other side but it hasnt got as bad as to crack it yet. I never slam my macbook shut and altho its a bit dirty its well taken care of. Anyone know if this is covered for me to get it fixed?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes this is covered under Apple warranty. The same thing happened with my old Macbook i phoned up Apple and they told me to take it to the local Apple Reseller. About a week after it was sent off it came back with the new top case which includes the keyboard and mouse.
This is quite a common fault take it in to an Apple store or an Apple reseller and they will fix it free of charge.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Yes this is covered under Apple warranty. The same thing happened with my old Macbook i phoned up Apple and they told me to take it to the local Apple Reseller. About a week after it was sent off it came back with the new top case which includes the keyboard and mouse.
This is quite a common fault take it in to an Apple store or an Apple reseller and they will fix it free of charge.

Thanks mate thats great news!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Personally i would take it back to John Lewis and ask for a replacement, especially as Apple recognize it as a fault and repair it free of charge.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Personally i would take it back to John Lewis and ask for a replacement, especially as Apple recognize it as a fault and repair it free of charge.

Cheers ill probably do that then, wil wait until i go on holiday tho so i dont lose my computer for too long

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.