Mac shut down after leaving it on.

Reaction score
I have own a MacBook since last year. Recently, I started to leave it more often and shut it down less because of my busy schedule. I don't closed the lid because I tend to be loading something (a chinese web site similar to youtube, but takes much longer to load because it is located in a different country - I guess). However, my Mac annoyingly shuts down every time I leave it on for too long - actually, just around two hours! Every time I come back from a class or a meal, everything shuts down, and all my download goes down the drain! Along with anything I didn't save! What's going on? The web site I go to isn't enough to heat my Mac so much it needs to do an auto shut, and I never set it to shut down automatically! Shouldn't it stay asleep?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
just a thought, but try checking your Energy Saving settings. Make sure that the put hard disk to sleep box is unchecked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.