SERIOUS problem

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the Mac World and loving it. But one thing is that my Parallels isn't running properly. The thing is is I'm taking a Programming Class and was hoping to program on the Mac so I'd like to resolve this problem ASAP. Whenever I run Parallels it doesn't even allow me to log into Windows and a black screen pops up and says,
"Boot from Harddrive...
A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."
Now I've already attempted to uninstall and reinstall Parallels but that just didnt work and it gave me the same error. I've also tried to press crtl+alt+delete and that didn't do anything. Also this problem occurred while attempting to install the "C Sharp Software" onto my notebook. So does anyone have any suggestions onto how this problem could be resolved? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I hate to sound obvious, but you did install Windows in Parallels, didn't you...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I was going to ask the same question.

OP
R
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question.

Yeah, I had it working for like a good 10 days without any problems but while trying to install C Sharp it crashed and wont let me back in. Now should i attempt to reinstall Windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
What kind of programming are you trying to do? There is more than likely a version for OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If it were Fusion, it reads to me like you need to go into your settings for XP and tell it to boot from disk instead of boot from the CD or .iso that you were installing from. Do you have similar options for Parallels?

OP
R
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but how do i re-boot my parallels or clear the virtual memory or heck even reinstall windows? Also does anyone know how to actgually make the crt alt delete work... like do i have to fix a preference?

Reaction score
Maybe try to create a new virtual machine. When in Parallels click on File - New. Then you can install a clean version of Windows. Maybe someone else knows where the VM resides on the HDD. I'm not sure.

OP
R
Reaction score
Maybe try to create a new virtual machine. When in Parallels click on File - New. Then you can install a clean version of Windows. Maybe someone else knows where the VM resides on the HDD. I'm not sure.

Hey THANK YOU... lol that's what I did and it worked... THANK YOU so much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.