Best Laser Printer for Mac??

Reaction score
Hello, Can anyone recommend a good color laser printer under the
$500 range? I need to print high quality images to heavy stock (80lb)
paper from Photoshop and am looking for a laser printer that will
allow me to use colorsync so that the monitor and printer can be
calibrated as closely as possible. Thanks in advance for any
recommendations!
Andy

http://www.kenyonstudios.com

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
For a more exhaustive list, try cnet reviews.

When I was shopping for a color laser printer mid-last year, there were not many color laser printers available for <$500. I finally settled on a Samsung CLP-600N. That's the network-enabled model. A non-network CLP-600 is also available. I'm not able to recommend it without qualification. The documentation is horrible, and thus I've never taken the time to get it setup as a network printer. It took long enough just to get it installed at all on my Mac. There is a lot of conflicting info on help forums too...so that was part of the problem. Anyway, once installed, it's good enough. Probably the best sub-500 printer in terms of print speed. You can look up the specs. I couldn't be happier with b&w performance. On the other hand, my printer has this problem where the magenta toner is off-alignment a couple dots, so images or colored text looks a little muddy. I'm pretty sure it's an individual printer problem - maybe the printer got bumped or something. I haven't needed really high-quality graphics, so I've gotten by with that foible. And that's all I've got to say about that. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.