how to delete admin account

Reaction score
hi there,

i have a apple powerbook G4 1.5 ghz laptop and i am in the process of selling it on Ebay, how can I delete my name off of the user account so once i sell it none of my info is on there.

thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
why don't you just wipe the disk and do a clean install of the OS? that would ensure that all your information is gone and there's like no chance of anyone being able to recover it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
pretty much just pop them in and restart your system, the rest should be self explanatory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
He needs to boot from the disc doesn't he?

Put the disk in the drive then go to System Prefs>Starup Disk, and select the disc in the drive and hit restart, then just follow the instructions...

(alternatively the shortcut while it's restarting is Option-Command-Shift-Delete during startup and possibly just the C key if it recognizes the CD correctly.)

Boot and wipe 'er, set up an 'intermediate account' and send the discs so the next user can do the same and setup an admin account in their own name etc.

Reaction score
:D
hi there,

i have a apple powerbook G4 1.5 ghz laptop and i am in the process of selling it on Ebay, how can I delete my name off of the user account so once i sell it none of my info is on there.

thanks!!

Or you can just do ur net restore. if u lost the C.D. just start it up and hold the N key and a world should pop up type in ur password. and it should reimage it. that means everything gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.