• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Heath Ledger found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Heath Ledger

Well,
I just read on the New York Post site that Heath Ledger was found in his apartment building, and was pronounced dead at 3:35. He was 28 years old.
Thats so sad. My sympathy goes out to friends and family, I was a fan.

He will be missed. It's a shame.

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
One of the guys in my office just told me the news. I was shocked to hear it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Just heard about it too, crazy.

Reaction score
Looks like you beat me by a couple of minutes, thanks to the mod who moved it.

It is quite sad. I truly hope it's not drug related like the news said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
it was Mary Kate Olsen's apartment and his body is still in there. there are people all over the street watching for it to come out right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Wow, he was a good actor. I liked him in A Knight's Tale.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
He was a great actor, i especially liked him in a knights tale

RIP heath ledger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
January 22, 2008
A New York Police Department spokesman reports that Heath Ledger has been found dead in his Manhattan apartment. At approximately 3:30 PM local time, he was found unresponsive on the floor of his bedroom by his house keeper and a masseuse. No foul play is suspected. Police believe that drugs may have been involved, as pills were found around the body.
The 28 year old actor, who has starred in many films, is survived by his 2 year old daughter.

^ ^ ^ ^
Latest I've read from Wiki News

Rest in peace buddy, you will be missed

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm in shock. :( Poor guy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
That's crazy! Poor guy, I wonder what this means for the dark knight. He was filming / staring in it as the joker.

Good actor for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i feel bad for his daughter and rest of his family. My girlfriend lives in the area, he would walk outside with his daughter and always seamed like a nice guy.

I was a fan too.. he will be missed.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Wow, I did realize he was the one playing the joker character in the Dark Knight.

OP
Dimitri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
That's crazy! Poor guy, I wonder what this means for the dark knight. He was filming / staring in it as the joker.

Good actor for sure.
I think the bulk of it's been shot. Hopefully this means we'll get to see his character in most of the movie. I hear he plays a great Joker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i dont think that he was such a great actor. alot of the roles he seemed to play were the same. he was in a couple of decent movies but other than that he was an average actor. it is a shame that someone that young has died. i am sure that a 28 year old soldier died in the line of duty and it was not even in the news. had heath ledger been older and won some awards then maybe this would be a big deal. end rant rip heath

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
:Grimmace:

::must keep mouth shut.::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Heard about this from a friend before it was all over the news.

I'm just going to feel really weird watching The Dark Knight in a couple of months, knowing that he's dead. Reminds me of the last couple of episodes of The West Wing when John Spencer had died and he was still on the show. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
It was really sad hearing this on fox tonight. They had a clip of him during an interview not too long ago talking about his daughter and his mixed feelings about the possibility of him dying. It was very sad. I really liked him as an actor a lot. He was wonderful in A Knight's Tale and people have said.

My friend also noted to me that he was to star as joker in the upcoming batman film, as well, so this could be a major set back.

Really puts a perspective on our lives when someone like him dies at such a young age.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I agree, he looks like he'll play a kick ar-se Joker. This kind of reminds me of The Crow. I hope they finish the film.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
since people seam to care more about his movie not coming out then him dying, i'll make you all feel better by telling you its entirely shot.. and is currently in post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.