can i interchange my magsafe adapters between macbook pro and macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook core 2, 2gb and an 8gb Iphone with scratches on the screen
I just got a new macbook pro for work and noticed it has the 85w magsafe adapter, and i have a macbook at home that i use. my question is can i plug the macbook pro into the power adapter for the macbook at home so i dont have to bring the charger with me every night. will it work or not anyone ever done this? the only reason im asking is im using the macbook pro as my desktop machine at work with a monitor etc..

thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
from what i recall, the macbook adapter will not power the mbp. the macbook uses a 45w magsafe (IIRC) and won't provide enough juice to both charge and run the mbp.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook core 2, 2gb and an 8gb Iphone with scratches on the screen
thats to bad i was hoping it would work even if it just maintained the power :Grimmace:

from what i recall, the macbook adapter will not power the mbp. the macbook uses a 45w magsafe (IIRC) and won't provide enough juice to both charge and run the mbp.

Reaction score
Macbook uses a 60watt adaptor, and I hope they are interchangeable as I just bought a 60w on ebay today based on another post that asked this same question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
Macbook uses a 60watt adaptor, and I hope they are interchangeable as I just bought a 60w on ebay today based on another post that asked this same question.

i know for certain the MBP charger is an 85w. i'm not sure about the regular macbook charger, but rom what i've read they are not totally interchangeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
it will work ok to power the laptop, but it wont charge the battery while power is on.

it will charge while off.

not enough juice for both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.