Burning Error

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my laptop sent in for repair, since my CD drive broke down. Since the repair I can no longer burn CDs or DVDs.

The burning process starts, and then I get the message that "the process could not have been completed due to an error has occured (Error 0x8002006E)" I have no clue why it doesnt work, or what the proplem is, nor what that weird number in the bracket means ;)

thenk you for your help in advance, Philippe

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have try another brand of media? What brand of CD/DVDs are you using?

OP
K
Reaction score
@ man: I'm using the standard "apple" 4.7 GB DVD-R

@ lifeafter2am: It doesn't have any problems recognizing the CD / DVD, it has problems burning them... It crashes at the start of the burning process...

EDIT: Ok seems as if lifeafters link seemed to have worked in some strange way ;) Unfortionately now I have a "locked" Folder on my desktop that is named after the media I wanted to burn, but at least the DVD's burned. Next question, how do I get the Folder away ;)

thankfully for your help, Philippe

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Drag the folder into the trash, press and hold the option key then select empty trash. That should resolve your problem.

OP
K
Reaction score
That's the thing, it's "locked" meaning I can't move it in the trash in the first place :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.