Powerbook and external display

T

taxxman2k

Last night I finally said move over winders mac way for mac on my desktop atleast. I run both for various reasons and my mac is a powerbook. However I find myself using it more so than the PC so I wanted to give it the prime space on my desk so I moved the PC over with my unix box on a shared monitor and keyboad, enough rambling, I want to get an external display and keyboard for my mac so it will be nice and big and even more enjoyable to use.

Basically I am looking for some suggestions from other powerbook users as to what you have been using. It has to be flat, thats my one condition and 17 " or greater. I would love an apple cinema display, but that is out of the budget right now. Anyone else have a different wide screen display? Or any others. Please let me know what you have used and the pro's and cons of them. I am looking to do this soon.

OP
J

jwindhall

Why must it be flat? is it a space issue? I have an external monitor for my powerbook as well but it's a CRT. I also use it as a 2nd monitor. It's nice to have the 17in screen and the other 17in screen...

OP
T

taxxman2k

jwindhall said:
Why must it be flat? is it a space issue? I have an external monitor for my powerbook as well but it's a CRT. I also use it as a 2nd monitor. It's nice to have the 17in screen and the other 17in screen...

Doesn't "have to be" I just want input on one. I have a 17" CRT I have been using lately. Just want to see what my options are to save some space.

OP
M

m1k

Well, companies like Dell and eMachines make really, really cheap monitors, you can get a nice 17" for like $400. If you don't mind having a non-Apple monitor, these are probably the way to go. The Apple 17" studio monitor is nice, but it's really expensive, if money is an issue I'd go for a Dell monitor or one of those companies. They're still good quality, don't worry.

Good luck!

OP
I

iSheep

I've got a Compaq FP 7317 - really great with two cute little speakers that have been useful once or twice. I bough it for about US$300, I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.