Tiger or Leopard, need advice...

Reaction score
Just got a "new"/used MBP C2D2.33. Had Tiger installed when new. I have both Leopard and Tiger disks. I'm gonna reload the OS and all my programs before I start using the thing. What do you all think, Tiger or leopard? I am running logic express 7 on my old G4 powerbook but also have logic studio 8 and would like to start using it. My main FW interface (for now and hopefully not much longer) is a Presonus Firebox. I will be upgrading sometime soon, not sure to what. So what are your votes for the best OS for my setup. Stability is most important for me but, flexibility and speed count too. Thanks alot all...

-ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Leopard has proven to be really stable. A few minor bugs maybe, but otherwise rock solid. I'd say Leopard any day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Leopard - it's already proven quicker than Tiger on Dual-Core 64-bit Intel chips, and the 10.5.2 update is rumoured to stretch this advantage.

Logic Express works flawlessly on Leopard (I have it) and I can't imagine Logic 8 has any issues with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Leopard is incredible.

I had Tiger for a few months prior, and I thought there was no way it could be improved.

/wrong

OP
I
Reaction score
Interesting, everybody on this forum says Leopard and everyone on Gearslutz and Bigbluelounge says tiger. Now I'm torn...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Interesting, everybody on this forum says Leopard and everyone on Gearslutz and Bigbluelounge says tiger. Now I'm torn...

Do they state why? If you had a Powerbook G4 or less than 1gb of RAM, I'd agree with them, but a cutting edge MBP... it's got to be Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I'm running Leopard on my iBook G4 with 512MB of RAM. Runs well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I have a MBP which I purchased with Tiger installed. Being an early adopter I had to have Leopard. I didn't have any problems with either of them but I feel Leopard has a few more nice things and is very stable for a new OS. Just wasn't quite as different as I was expecting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.