• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Something I've noticed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
As the title suggests.... one think I've noticed is that when one person gets a mac, friends and family quickly see and get their own macs. I got my black first gen macbook in aug 06; then my grandpa got an imac last winter, my grandma got a imac in the spring and in the summer my mom n dad got a mini. Somewhere in there my cousin got a white macbook....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
True. I have told my friends and family that I'm going to buy a Mac and some of them are now getting a Mac too.

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I didnt even tell them to get a mac...... I showed em how to do a few things and then before i knew it i was told they got a mac and they wanted me to set it up.... lol! And the setup was hardly that.. mostly just getting email accounts into mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yup. Four of my closest friends have said that their next purchase will be a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I got a mac.. that followed with my girlfriend getting a mac, 5-6 of my closest friends getting macs, my family members getting macs.

then me and my girlfriend broke up... i got a new (macless) girlfriend... she got a mac, her family got a mac, her best friend got a mac.

and its not like i say "go buy a mac" but apparently.. people see mine and they buy them, and people see theirs and they buy them.. its an insane cycle.

OP
Chimpur
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Also I wonder if you have any relatives that always poke jabs at you about having a mac? I usually end up just showing them my macbook booting into xp and that shuts up all but the most stubborn pc modders/builders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Yeah, my cousins and nephews are switching now as are my close friends, it's pretty funny, almost like a chain effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I've had the same experience. Within a year of my getting a mac, my brother and father both picked one up and about 7 of the next 10 of my friends to get new computers all bought macs. The light side of the computer force is growing!

Reaction score
Also I wonder if you have any relatives that always poke jabs at you about having a mac? I usually end up just showing them my macbook booting into xp and that shuts up all but the most stubborn pc modders/builders
I get poked at, only for fun though. What is a lot more irritating though, is when PC/Windows users on the net, are narrowminded and not even open to new stuff. But I've started to relax a bit more now and just ignore them. I just rest satisfied with doing well and leave others to talk of me as they will. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
As the title suggests.... one think I've noticed is that when one person gets a mac, friends and family quickly see and get their own macs. I got my black first gen macbook in aug 06; then my grandpa got an imac last winter, my grandma got a imac in the spring and in the summer my mom n dad got a mini. Somewhere in there my cousin got a white macbook....

OMG!!! This must be a Mac virus ;D

Reaction score
Yep I got one 2 years ago, I now own 3 macs.

2 Coworkers
3 Good Friends
1 Parent
1 Brother

Where's my commission?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
OMG!!! This must be a Mac virus ;D

And they say Macs don't have viruses ;P

Within a couple of months of my Macbook purchase, my entire family has switched to Macs, as have a few of my friends. Several of my friends are also looking to purchase iPhones once their contracts with Verizon are up, after having seen mine

M

MacHeadCase

Ten years ago you were either considered a nut for using a Mac or you weren't a serious computer user because, you owned a Mac which was seen as a toy not a real computer.

Now, friends one by one are switching. Pretty strange turn of events.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
The use of macs is defiantly on the up, you see a lot more people with them and talk about them than before. They are wonderful machines and have many advantages of windows and when people realize and see this it makes them think about switching. Good thing I say

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
This is true. 2 days after I got my iMac a friend used it to check his net banking, 2 weeks later he bought a 24" imac of his own!!

Reaction score
I've managed to switch my wife to Macs. We don't have any Windows machines plugged in anymore. I have an old Dell, but it's in the basement. Other than that, I haven't had anyone get one around me.

I guess someone needs to shape the bell curve. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I am the only Mac user I know other than one girl at work. Everyone thinks I'm strange (they are probably right but for other reasons) because I chose the Mac over a PC. They do not have the following in Australia that they do in the US. Some schools have them but the majority like Bill Gates machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
since i have purchased my mac in september 07, 3 of my close friends have also purchased macs after me telling them how awesome mine is :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
When my lady-friend and I started dating I told her she should get a laptop since she hated sitting at the desk with her Dell Opti-plex, she had to sit on a kitchen chair, she hated being on the computer with me, so I told her she should get a laptop. She thought it was a great idea. She asked me what she should get and I told her to get a mac, iBooks are going for cheap, so we bought her an iBook G4, she loved my G3. After that, she's been hooked.

When the Macbooks came out, she bought one right away, she loves it to death, and I love it too! hehe. Like I say, girls with macs are cute!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.