• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft keyboard help?

H

hoov

I'm considering buying the Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard. I have a G4-MDD running MacOSX 10.3.5, but I have a question. How do you open the CD when you don't have an eject key? Obviously to remove a CD you can drag it to the trash, or use the keyboard shortcuts, but using their keyboard, how do you open the CD drawer in the first place?? Anyone any ideas??

Regards
HOOV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The MS Software for Mac lets you map keys so you can easily do that by changing another key to the Eject button

OP
H

hoov

Thanks for your help!

schweb said:
The MS Software for Mac lets you map keys so you can easily do that by changing another key to the Eject button

Thanks very much for your help. I've now purchased the keyboard & mouse. But what a shame that of course MS had to ruin the experience a bit. The back & forth buttons on the mouse don't work using Safari, (the best browser out there) just IE!!!!!! Otherwise I think it's brilliant.

Regards
HOOV

OP
J

jstraw97

I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard connected to my PowerMac G4, and the MS software does have the option to select which keys do what, however I am baffled as to which command to choose to ejct the cd player...where is the command or program you have to choose to make a desired key eject the cd player?

Why on earth did the folkd at Mac make a simple thing like ejecting your disc drive so difficult??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.