US AppleTV model in the UK

Reaction score
OK so I'm going over to the US in April is there any reason I couldn't buy one over there and use it in the UK?
The power must be a 110/220v auto switcher "mus'n't it" and as for the PAL/NTSC again can I set that when I first set it up?
Anyone any idea's, I did a bit of a search and could find an answer but apologies if I didn't look hard enough..:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hd stuff = works on any hd stuff

i think

also i think even if it dont there will be a set up option i am planning on doing this my self to get a cheap apple tv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
No difference between US and UK one I'm going in Feb (Wedding) and getting one along with iPhone. All the stuff from iTunes is in the same format so you will be fine there. Ripping DVD's check NTSC to be on the safe side and not have a problem. Power is Universal. Specs for you to check out if you haven't yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, OSX 10.5.6
I was also going to get one from the States but found a 40Gb model on the Apple Store refurbished site for £133,00 delivered. As I stream everything from my mini to Apple-TV I had no reason to pay more for the larger HDD model.

By the way, my ATV works perfectly and is everything I expected.

S

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise guys ( or gals :-() ) if the UK Apple site doesn't bring down the price by April I will be getting one, and they have just added new content to the UK iTunes TV shows I hear.

Reaction score
can anyone confirm if the us unit will work over here. Is there any issues with pal vs NTSC. Am I right in assuming that all I need is an adapter for the socket. My sister is over in the us in a couple of days and I want her to pick one up for me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.