Mac OS X Server (Leopard)

Reaction score
I'm having a problem setting up roaming profiles using Leopard Server (10.5), with windows XP Pro computers (don't ask why i'm doing it this way!!)

Say i have two machines with two profiles on a domain, i log onto the domain using 1 profile, and save some information to the desktop, then log off. Then log onto a different machine on the domain using the same profile, the information i saved originally now does not show up on the desktop, but i know it was saved onto the server (i can the files through the server)

Is this a bug or a known error with Leopard Server?

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
So you are not using a Windows domain controller at all?

Leopard server doesn't support Windows roaming profiles. Or at least I'm pretty sure.

First off roaming profiles really suck in an all Windows environment, never mind trying to get them to work in a mixed environment.

OS X server offers the remote user option which syncs documents, but I don't think it does it for Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.