Boot Camp error message

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I was told to use boot camp when installing windows XP, but I didn't partition enough memory so I cleared the first partition and tried a new partition. When I did this, this message appeared:

The disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved. Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again.

Will I really have to back up all my stuff and start all over again or is there a way to get around this so that I don't have to do this? Thanks!

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I would strongly urge you to back up your disk before reformatting. :)

BTW, how big was your first-attempt partition?

OP
S
Reaction score
I think I had partitioned 5 GB? I think it was enough to install the software, but if I wanted to do anything with it, it would have needed to be more? So does that error message really mean I have reboot it? Or is there a way I can get this to work without having to do it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.