New to macs, just wondering

Reaction score
I will be purchasing my mac mini in a number of days. I do not plan on buying a version wiht 2g of ram because of cost issues. I have read about this on the internet and i am wondering if the 2gigs is that much better than 1gig on a mini. If my mini comes with 1 gig will upgrades be possible? Will apple themselves be able to provide upgrade support?

Reaction score
Your machine will be slightly nippier with the extra GB of RAM. However you have to look at your requirements from the machine. If you’re just doing basics tasks then 1GB will be fine. I still have 1GB in my Macbook and it handles CS3 Design Suite excellently and even manages to run Parallels quite quickly too. Upgrading the RAM yourself will void the warranty. See if a local Apple Reseller will fit it for you. If you decide to do it yourself then it's quite a fiddly job involving a couple of putty knifes and then undoing the case clips but a whole lot cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.