Ringtones through iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
So I tried to go ahead and pay the 99 cents to use a song I have already bought as a ringtone, rather than fool around with garage band or audacity.

I found a song that I would like as a ringtone, it asked me to type in my apple account username and password, but when I did that and hit enter, the screen just faded away and then came back. I know its the right name and password. But it won't let me past that screen. It keeps telling me to log in under the same name I used to buy the song. I've only ever used one account so I know it is the right one.

anybody else had this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Your sure your computer is authorized under your account?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
Wow. I'm busy wiping the egg off my face at the moment.

Apparently I did have two apple accounts. One with gmail and one with my university address. Sorry for the trouble.

As a side note, anybody know if there is a way to merge the two? I want to use my gmail one, but I have money from gift cards on the university one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
You'll be fine with the 2. You can authorize up to 5 accounts on iTunes for each computer. You can just use all of the stuff up on your University acc. to make an excuse to buy more stuff for your gmail one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
honestly though, you should reconsider paying extra for a ringtone. All you have to do is buy the song from Amazon and it will be DRM free, plus Amazon's download feature will automatically load it into your itunes library for you. And, Amazon has one click purchasing just like itunes (Apple actually got it from Amazon).

After that making the ringtone in GB and sending to itunes only takes a minute or two. It shouldn't take any longer than using the itunes ringtone maker. It really easy and keeps a dollar in your pocket every time you want a ringtone.

I just don't see the use in spending an extra dollar from a ringtone and buying DRM music when you can have DRM-free music and make a ringtone just as easily for free, but I'm not a rich man, so maybe it's not as big of a deal to burn a buck to some people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just don't see the use in spending an extra dollar from a ringtone and buying DRM music when you can have DRM-free music and make a ringtone just as easily for free, but I'm not a rich man, so maybe it's not as big of a deal to burn a buck to some people.

Well speaking for myself, I don't even have the version of GarageBand that comes with this "convert to ringtone" feature. My Mac Pro came with an older version and when I tried the downloadable update, it said I wasn't eligible. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd have to buy iLife and I'm not gonna drop $80 bucks to make a few ringtones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.