>> Cd Burning Issues <<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EQUIPMENT: MACBOOK, OS-X 10.4.11, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
First post here so I would like to thank you all in advance for your helpful replies.

I am unfamiliar with this computer as it is in fact my girlfriend's. I have yet to burn a disc with it, and as my COMPAQ is currently having burning issues I am defaulting to her unit. My issue is as follows; I am attempting to burn off her I-tunes playlist. I have selected or "checked" a song list, and when I left-click the "file" button in the top tool bar I see there is within the drop-down a field labeled "burn playlist to disc." although it is not highlighted. Regardless, if I click it it simply close the drop-down, and I am back to square one.

ANY ADVICE? This seems strange to me.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
First post here so I would like to thank you all in advance for your helpful replies.

I am unfamiliar with this computer as it is in fact my girlfriend's. I have yet to burn a disc with it, and as my COMPAQ is currently having burning issues I am defaulting to her unit. My issue is as follows; I am attempting to burn off her I-tunes playlist. I have selected or "checked" a song list, and when I left-click the "file" button in the top tool bar I see there is within the drop-down a field labeled "burn playlist to disc." although it is not highlighted. Regardless, if I click it it simply close the drop-down, and I am back to square one.

ANY ADVICE? This seems strange to me.

First click on "New Playlist From Selection" then burn the playlist created to disc.

Amen-Moses

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
>> Thank you A-M, but... <<

...when I select the "file" button, "New Playlist From Selection" is not highlighted - thus seemingly not available - although "New Playlist" is available.

Thank you again for your reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...when I select the "file" button, "New Playlist From Selection" is not highlighted - thus seemingly not available - although "New Playlist" is available.

Thank you again for your reply.

Click on the songs you want to add whilst holding down the cmd key (the one to the left of the space bar) until you've highlighted all the songs you want. Then select File and you should see the option "New Playlist From Selection".

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For info, the tick box on each song just tells iTunes which track to play, if it is ticked then it will play. You can use this feature to 'turn off' the songs in an album that you don't like.

"Selection" is when the songs are highlighted and just like with Windows you can multiple select using the Shift Key to select all songs between your mouse clicks or the cmd key (equivalent to using CTRL in Windows) to single select files.

You can go further by using search strings (Smart Playlists) to select particular files.

Amen-Moses

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Amen! Thank you, sir! All is well now. I will query though, is there a "select all" or "de-select all" command?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In case I was unclear, I meant "tick-all" or "un-tick all."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In case I was unclear, I meant "tick-all" or "un-tick all."

To untick all you can do Edit -> Select All then right click (ctrl -> click if you have a single mouse button) and select Uncheck Selection.

Amen-Moses

PS if the selected songs are unchecked then the option 'Check All' is available.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again, thank you! While I have you, is there a way to designate an "artist" and/or "album" to imported files in which are not automatically designated?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Again, thank you! While I have you, is there a way to designate an "artist" and/or "album" to imported files in which are not automatically designated?

Select all the files you want to change then right click (or File ->) Get Info. Change the Artist name (or any other field that takes your fancy) and click on OK.

You will probably get a warning about changing multiple files but you can ignore that (or preferably click the box to tell it not to bother warning you in future).

Amen-Moses

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for all the help, brother. You resolved every issue. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.